FEATURE ONE:

THE SKINCARE DIARIES

"Post-holiday skin"


As we all know, holidays can play havoc with your skin! Especially if you have to travel via plane. Airplanes can literally suck all the moisture out of your skin mostly because it's very low in humidity (no water vapour in the air).  On long-haul flights, the humidity levels can go down to 2% - research what our humidity rates are on an average day to day and you will be shocked at how low 2% is!
No wonder our skin gets so dry!

I always bring a small heavy-duty moisturiser in carry on luggage. (Along with a small eye cream, lip balm and face mist). I normally go for whatever my favorite moisturiser is at the time (normally the hydrating face cream from Bobbi Brown) but I recently got a new moisturiser, which is perfect travel size - it's the IT cosmetics - "Confidence in a cream". I gravitated towards this cream mostly because its supposed to help with your skin texture and overall radiance. It also has anti-aging qualities too so who wouldn't love that extra bonus? 

After using a few times I can confirm is a gorgeous face cream, it is a silky consistency and a little goes a long way. It really did help keep my skin hydrated throughout my long haul flight. My skin gets so incredibly dry on the plane so I wasn't sure how good of a job it would do at keeping the flakiness away but it did! I bought this in ULTA for $16 - it's only a 15ml pot as I wanted to make sure I liked it before purchasing a full size. However, you can buy the full size of this in the UK from Selfridges.

                




So I normally (always) get onto a plane with a full face of makeup on, I have no idea why I do it to myself but I do but of course, about 10 minutes into the flight I want to take it all off. Which I do. I used to always use face wipes but I have converted over to the Bobbi Brown Cleansing oil, again this is perfect for a plane because the sunflower oil in this will really hydrate your skin and the jasmine flower will help keep redness down - both huge pros! I just go to the toilet, use two to three pumps of this, melt the makeup down and use a damp facial tissue or cotton pad to remove it all. Normally I would use a splash of water but I wouldn't trust airplane water (YUCK) so that's the next best thing. This is such a good product for quickness, it's super fast and easy to use and makes your skin feel so smooth after cleansing. This is a good one to use on a daily basis especially post-holiday to keep your skin looking healthy and glowy!

Another holy grail would have to be the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream if you get back from holiday maybe a little bit sunburnt and sore and are at the awful stage of peeling then this is your dream product. I had really severe peeling on my forehead and nose and I literally applied some of this before I went to sleep and most of it was gone. Within one more application and my skin felt back to normal! Its amazing for the lips as well! It has got quite a strong smell that you either love or hate, I personally love it but my boyfriend hates it so I would definitely give it a whiff before purchase. 





I think my main tip for post-holiday skincare would be to keep your skin hydrated, whether that be with a mix of facial mists like my favourite - Mario Badescu Facial Spray and heavy-duty moisturisers, Or just sticking to your daily moisturiser but adding an extra treatment like the Eight Hour Cream to use at night or on especially dry areas. You could also add a Facial Oil if you feel skin is really parched. I love the No 7 youthful replenishing Facial Oil. 


Also drink lots of water - that always helps give not only your skin but your whole body that vital hydration it needs after being in a plane, then in varied weather conditions to back on a plane! It's a lot for your body to handle! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig